Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Valentine for Wounded Warriors

The last time I did a drive for Wounded Warriors quite honestly it was more about my father than the organization. (See Honoring Wounded Warriors) I’ve realized a lot since then and now, although I still send my donations in my father’s name, it’s as much about the men and women who serve their country – our country – and pay a terrible price.

The latest book I’ve written, The Great Twitter Adventure or How 5 Tweeps Saved the World, is about people who’ve met on Twitter sticking together to come to the aid of one of their own. That’s what’s at its core. Giving away the proceeds from this book seems a perfect fit.

So, from today through Valentine’s Day, every purchase at $.99 will turn into $.35 for Wounded Warriors. Now, that isn’t much – one book at a time – but for every 100 books that’s $35.00. I recently did a free book promotion for Red Mojo Mama that resulted in over 2,000 downloads. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if 2,000 people got this new book for $.99 and the Wounded Warriors Project got $700!?

So, I know it’s a crazy goal – but you’ve got to dream big, right? Please consider purchasing this novella, having fun and helping in a small way. If you’d pass the word, that would be even better.

Click here if you’d like to contribute directly - The Wounded Warrior Project - a wonderful organization.

Thanks.

11 comments:

  1. Good for you, girlfriend! Very worthy cause, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great cause, Kathy. Much success. We can all do our part in things we think are worthy and good.

    With your efforts I know many of the 'walking' wounded of bygone wars appreciate what you do! Men and women fighting for their country-- even if you don't agree with the politics-- should be given honor and respect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tough sometimes for people to remember our soldiers aren't responsible for the politics of war. Any Vietnam vet will remember that fully. We must take care of our veterans, especially the wounded. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
    2. It took me a while to see that clearly, and you've said it in your rely so beautifully. After my anger and loss of those years, I had to come back to the U.S. and meet a bunch of vets to finally understand. I had a chance to publicly apologize one Veteran's Day and those who walked out at the beginning of my talk, came back at the end. Bless them. God I hate war and ALL the lives it ruins.

      Delete
  3. Good going my new Twitter friend. Will read your book, it (description) looks interesting. Thanks, for remembering and honoring all veterans. Your Pal, Garry M Graves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Garry! Really appreciate your support. Hope you enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing a find and good thing with your project, my dear, but then I'd expect no less from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Valentine's Day just seemed like such a natural! Right? I'm going to do the bigger one again in Sept. Will do something with all my books then. Thanks Miss Christina. You are always a great supporter. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard of Wounded Warriors before but it sounds like a very worthy cause. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They do such good work. Their website tells stories that will make you cry, smile and swell with pride.

    ReplyDelete